Vacaville Braces, Invisalign, & Orthodontics
Most think of orthodontics as strictly cosmetic, making crooked smiles straight. While orthodontics will cosmetically improve your smile, other needs for orthodontic treatment are prescribed to correct a number of common problems:
- Orthodontic treatment is used as a preventative treatment to correct crowding, food traps, gaps and spaces that could often lead to future dental problems.
- Orthodontic treatment is used to correct an “unsatisfactory bite” that has been caused by crowding teeth or extra teeth.
- Orthodontic treatment is used to realign a jaw that is out of place due to genetics or due to an accident.
- Orthodontic treatment is used to or treat TMJ or TMD jaw disorders that often times cause headaches.
- Orthodontic treatment is used to correct one or more crooked teeth caused by thumb-sucking, premature or late loss of baby teeth, or a wide variety of other causes.
Advancements in Orthodontics
In recent years technology in orthodontics has made some amazing breakthroughs. Invisalign is one example of orthodontic breakthrough that offers nearly invisible orthodontic treatments, making it easier for adults and professionals to choose the treatment they have always needed. Other breakthroughs have increased the success of ortho treatment options while decreasing the amount of time each orthodontic treatment takes. Less noticeable treatment, fewer office visits, and quicker total treatment times all make getting the smile you have always wanted easier then ever.